Last Updated March 8th 2018
Collecting and Using Information
- Personal Information We Collect Online
Personal Information means personally identifiable information such as information you provide via forms, surveys, applications or other online fields including name, postal or email addresses, telephone, fax or mobile numbers, or account numbers.
- How We Use Personal Information
We use Personal Information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to send you important information regarding the CBD Site, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to personalize your experience on the CBD Site by presenting content, ads or offers tailored to you;
- to allow you to apply for products or services and evaluate your eligibility for such products or services;
- to verify your identity and/or location in order to allow access to your accounts, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of account and Personal Information;
- to allow you to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain additional information about how Personal Information is used and shared;
- to allow you to use any CBD Site financial planning tools. Please note that some planning tools require that you provide Personal Information to, whereas others do not. Information that you enter into one of these planning tools may be stored for future access and use. You have the option not to save the information;
- to consolidate your financial account information at one online location; understand what product or service may be of interest to you; and present you with offers;
- to collect through our social media pages and interactions with you to assist in verifying your identity and account status. We may combine this information with information we already have;
- to enhance the CBD Site, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- for risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements;
- Other Information We Collect Online
Other Information is any information other than Personal Information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as browser information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information, other information provided by you such as your date of birth or household income, and aggregated and de-identified data. You can be located automatically when using CBD Mobile Applications if you activated the location services on your smartphone. It is clarified that CBD performs conservation of historical location data for different reasons including but not limited to marketing purposes. It is reminded that CBD will not be held responsible for any use that is made of the automatic Location data related to mobile phones including ,GPS, particularly regarding private and personal data that are managed directly by mobiles phones providers.
- How We Collect and Use Other Information
We and our third-party service providers may collect and use Other Information in a variety of ways, including but not limited to:
- Through your browser:Certain information is collected by most browsers, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure CBD Site function properly and for security purposes.
- Using cookies:Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the device you are using. Cookies we use do not contain or capture unencrypted Personal Information. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the CBD Site, pages visited, language preferences, and your relationship with us. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize/customize your experience while visiting the CBD Site, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online products and services. We collect statistical information about the usage of the CBD Site in order to continually improve the design and functionality, to monitor responses to our advertisements and content, to understand how account holders and visitors use the CBD Site and to assist us with resolving questions regarding the CBD Site. We also utilize cookies for our online advertising purposes.You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the CBD Site and some online products and services. For example, we will not be able to recognize your device and you will need to answer a challenge question each time you log on. You also may not receive customized advertising or other offers from us that may be relevant to your interests and needs.
- How We Share Personal Information
- We May Share Information with Our Affiliates
In order to provide financial services to you, we may share certain information about you with our affiliates. We may share personal information (such as name, address and account number) and account information (such as type of accounts, account balances and transaction history) with our affiliates so that they can serve you more efficiently. Our affiliates maintain the same privacy standards as we do.
- We May Share Information with Third-Party Service Providers
In order for us to conduct our operations, including servicing your account or processing your transactions, we may need to share information with our service providers, including data processing companies, cheque, ATM, and other payment processing companies, payment networks, loan service providers, insurance companies, collection agencies, credit reporting agencies and financial service providers with whom we have joint marketing agreements. These service providers act on our behalf and have agreed in writing to keep the customer information we provide to them confidential. We do not share your account numbers with independent third-party marketers offering their own products and services. While we may assist in offering financial products and services of our affiliates or other financial service providers, we control the customer information used in connection with these offers.
- We May Share Information as Legally Required or Permitted
We may share your customer information in response to a lawful request issued by a court, a government agency, a regulatory authority or as permitted by law. We may also share your information in response to a request made by a merchant or business necessary to effect, administer or enforce a transaction that you had requested or authorized in connection with the servicing or processing of a financial product or service, or to maintain or service your account with us.
- We May Share Information with Our Affiliates
Commercial Bank of Dubai’s mobile applications (“Applications”) allows you to access your account balances and holdings, transfers and pay bills on your mobile device. This Policy applies to any Personal Information or Other Information that we may collect through the Applications.
Linking to other sites
We may provide links to third party websites. If you follow links to websites not affiliated or controlled by us, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions, as they may be different from those of CBD Site. Commercial Bank of Dubai does not guarantee and is not responsible for the privacy or security of these websites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of their information.
To protect Personal Information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures. These measures may include device safeguards and secured files and buildings as well as oversight of our third party service providers to ensure information remains confidential and secure.
Making sure information is accurate
Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important. If your account information is incomplete, inaccurate or not current, please update your informations on our CBD Site, or call or write to us at the telephone numbers or appropriate address for changes listed on your account statements, records, online or other account materials. You can also speak to a customer representative.
This Policy is subject to change. Please review it periodically. If we make changes to the Policy, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Policy. Any changes to this Policy will become effective when we post the revised Policy on the CBD Site. Your use of the CBD Site following these changes means that you accept the revised Policy.